Tigers vs Orioles
April 19 @ 1:10 pm - 4:10 pm EDT
Tigers vs Orioles – Journalism Day
TIGERS “CLASS OUTSIDE SERIES” PRESENTED BY OAKLAND UNIVERSITY TO HOST JOURNALISM DAY ON APRIL 19 AT COMERICA PARK
The Detroit Tigers will host students from local schools to participate in Journalism Day, the first installment of the Tigers annual “Class Outside Series,” presented by Oakland University, prior to the Thursday, April 19th game vs. the Baltimore Orioles at 1:10 p.m. Tickets for Journalism Day are still available for purchase and include early entry into Comerica Park for the educational event. Comerica Park Gate D will open at 10:00 a.m. and the workshop will start promptly at 10:45 a.m. lasting until 11:30 a.m.
Students attending will learn about several areas of journalism. Speakers will provide their own personal testimony in education, experience and career. Students will hear about the art of sports storytelling and how the news is released across multiple platforms. Areas of specialty: print media, photo journalism, social media and radio-television sports journalism.
The pregame program will feature the following participants:
- Amy Andrews: Anchor – FOX 2 News, she will also serve as the program host for Journalism Day
- Max King: Coordinator of Athletic Communication – Oakland University
- Robin Buckson: Photographer – Detroit News
- Bryan Loor-Almonte: Bilingual Media Relations Coordinator – Detroit Tigers
- Mac Slavin: Digital and Social Media Manager – Detroit Tigers
- Mike Tirico: Host and Play-by-Play Announcer – NBC Sports Group
Dates, times, opponents, games and events are subject to change. Please contact event organizers to confirm the latest information.