- This event has passed.
Tigers Weekend Homestand
June 14 @ 7:10 pm - June 16 @ 1:10 pm EDT
Detroit Tigers Weekend Homestand – June 14-16 2019
Friday, June 14 vs. Cleveland Indians – First pitch 7:10 p.m. / Gates open 5:30 p.m.
The first 10,000 fans will receive a Pure Michigan Koozie, courtesy of Pure Michigan.
Saturday, June 15 vs. Cleveland Indians – First pitch 6:10 p.m. / Gates open 4:00 p.m.
The first 10,000 fans 21-and-older will receive a ¡Fiesta Tigres! Cooler, courtesy of Sol.
Gates open at 4:00 p.m. for ¡Fiesta Tigres! pregame activities will feature live entertainment on the concourse and throughout the ballpark from salsa and merengue bands including:
- Ballet Folkloric Mexico Lindo – Mexican folkloric dance troupe (Columbia Plaza)
- Orquesta Sensacional – Caribbean dance music (Brush Fire Grill)
- Mariachi Femenil Detroit – All female Mexican-American mariachi band (strolling the concourse)
- Grupo Venezuelano – Venezuelan band with dancers (Gate B)
- Raices Mexicanas a Folkloric Dance – Mexican folkloric dance group (Gate C)
- DJ Tony Toca – Latin hip hop DJ (Pepsi Porch)
- Los Primos – Mexican-American acoustic guitarists (suite level)
- Sean Blackman in Transit – Latin jazz trio (MotorCity Casino Hotel Tiger Club)
- Trabuco y Son – Colombian, Mexican & Venezuelan cumbia band (Big Cat Court)
Prior to the game, there will be a festive, on-field ceremony to pay tribute to the Detroit Tigers Latino players and coaches. The on-field ceremony will include a Mexican folkloric dance performance by Ballet Folklorico Moyocoyani Izel and Ballet Folklorico de Detroit, a parade of flags led by youth baseball and softball players from the Clark Park Coalition representing all current Tigers players with Latino heritage and their countries.
In a special pregame on-field presentation on Saturday, the Tigers will honor the legacy of Aurelio Lopez, a member of the 1984 World Champion Tigers who pitched for Detroit from 1979-1985.
Yoga on the Field: Grab your yoga mat and head down to Comerica Park for Mind + Body + Baseball. Each ticket package includes a game ticket, a Detroit Tigers/Yoga Mat, a donation to Common Ground and a one-hour yoga/barre session on the field.
Sunday, June 16 vs. Cleveland Indians – First pitch 1:10 p.m. / Gates open 11:30 a.m.
The first 10,000 men will receive a Father’s Day toiletry bag, courtesy of Detroit Medical Center.
500 dads will be randomly selected to participate in a special on-field Father’s Day celebration. Sunday Kids Days- As part of Chevy Youth Baseball Sunday Kids Day, all kids 14-and-under in attendance will have the opportunity to partake in free face painting, free rides on the Tiger carousel and Ferris wheel, and the opportunity to celebrate with the Tigers Party Patrol at the Big Cat Court. Kids will also have the chance to run the bases following the game, courtesy of Aquafina, weather permitting.
Dates, times, opponents, games and events are subject to change. Please contact event organizers to confirm the latest information.