2017 Detroit Lions Schedule
2017 DETROIT LIONS SCHEDULE – PRESEASON OPPONENTS
Preseason Week 1 at Indianapolis Colts – August 13, 1:30 p.m.
In the 2017 preseason opener, the Lions head to Indianapolis to face the Colts in the teams’ first preseason clash since 2009. Detroit and Indianapolis have met 21 times in the preseason, with the Colts leading the all-time series 13-7-1. Detroit won the most recent meeting 18-17 in 2009.
Preseason Week 2 vs. New York Jets – August 19, 7:30 p.m.
In Preseason Week 2, Detroit welcomes the New York Jets to Ford Field for the third time in five seasons (2013, 2015). The Lions and Jets have met only six times in the preseason, with Detroit holding a 4-2-0 record. Detroit has won the last two preseason meetings with New York, including a 26-17 win in 2013 and a 23-3 win in 2015.
Preseason Week 3 vs. New England Patriots – Friday, August 25, 7:00 p.m.
The Lions conclude the home portion of their 2017 preseason schedule with a Week 3 home contest against the New England Patriots. This marks the Lions’ third preseason clash with New England in the last seven seasons (2011, 2013), with Detroit winning the most recent meeting 40-9 at Ford Field (8/22/13). Detroit holds the preseason series edge 6-2-0.
Preseason Week 4 at Buffalo Bills – Thursday, August 31, 7:00 p.m.
Detroit closes out the 2017 NFL Preseason with a trip to Buffalo for the teams’ 37th all-time preseason meeting. Detroit and Buffalo have squared off in the preseason finale each year since 2002, with the Lions leading the preseason series 24-11-1. Detroit has claimed victory in each of the last nine preseason tilts, including a 31-0 win in 2016 at Ford Field.
2017 DETROIT LIONS SCHEDULE – REGULAR SEASON OPPONENTS
Wk – DATE – OPPONENT – TIME (ET)
1 Sunday, September 10 ARIZONA CARDINALS 1:00 p.m.
2 Monday, September 18 at New York Giants 8:30 p.m.
3 Sunday, September 24 ATLANTA FALCONS 1:00 p.m.
4 Sunday, October 1 at Minnesota Vikings 1:00 p.m.
5 Sunday, October 8 CAROLINA PANTHERS 1:00 p.m.
6 Sunday, October 15 at New Orleans Saints 1:00 p.m.
7 — Sunday, October 22 *** BYE WEEK ***
8 Sunday, October 29 PITTSBURGH STEELERS 8:30 p.m.
9 Monday, November 6 at Green Bay Packers 8:30 p.m.
10 Sunday, November 12 CLEVELAND BROWNS 1:00 p.m.
11 Sunday, November 19 at Chicago Bears FOX 1:00 p.m.
12 Thursday, November 23 MINNESOTA VIKINGS 12:30 p.m.
13 Sunday, December 3 at Baltimore Ravens 1:00 p.m.
14 Sunday, December 10 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1:00 p.m.
15 Saturday, December 16 CHICAGO BEARS 4:30 p.m. This game is on NFLN
16 Sunday, December 24 at Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 p.m.
17 Sunday, December 31 GREEN BAY PACKERS 1:00 p.m.
(*** DATES AND TIMES SUBJECT TO CHANGE ***)
The NFL Flex Schedule for Dummies
- Begins Sunday of Week 5
- In effect during Weeks 5-17
- Up to 2 games may be flexed into Sunday Night between Weeks 5-10
- Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window.
- The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET.
- The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.
- No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games.
- The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:25 p.m. ET.
- Week 17 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications.
- The NBC Sunday night time slot in “flex” weeks will list the game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.
- Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly.
- NFL schedules all games.
- Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night.