Detroit Lions Schedule 2022
(*** DATES AND TIMES SUBJECT TO CHANGE ***) All times Eastern Time (ET)
|1||Sun, Sep 11||vs Philadelphia Eagles||01:00 PM||FOX|
|2||Sun, Sep 18||vs Washington Commanders||01:00 PM||FOX|
|3||Sun, Sep 25||@ Minnesota Vikings||01:00 PM||FOX|
|4||Sun, Oct 2||vs Seattle Seahawks||01:00 PM||FOX|
|5||Sun, Oct 9||@ New England Patriots||01:00 PM||FOX|
|7||Sun, Oct 23||@ Dallas Cowboys||01:00 PM||CBS|
|8||Sun, Oct 30||vs Miami Dolphins||01:00 PM||CBS|
|9||Sun, Nov 6||vs Green Bay Packers||01:00 PM||FOX|
|10||Sun, Nov 13||@ Chicago Bears||01:00 PM||FOX|
|11||Sun, Nov 20||@ New York Giants||01:00 PM||FOX|
|12||Thu, Nov 24||vs Buffalo Bills||12:30 PM||CBS|
|13||Sun, Dec 4||vs Jacksonville Jaguars||01:00 PM||FOX|
|14||Sun, Dec 11||vs Minnesota Vikings||01:00 PM||FOX|
|15||Sun, Dec 18||@ New York Jets||01:00 PM||FOX|
|16||Sat, Dec 24||@ Carolina Panthers||01:00 PM||FOX|
|17||Sun, Jan 1||vs Chicago Bears||01:00 PM||FOX|
|18||Sun, Jan 8||@ Green Bay Packers||TBD|
This season, “flexible scheduling” for Sunday night may be used twice between Weeks 5-10, and during Weeks 11-15 and Week 17. In weeks of the season eligible for “flexible scheduling,” the games listed for the Sunday night window are tentative and subject to change. Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game would be moved to a Sunday afternoon. Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday or Monday nights.
In Week 15, three of five designated matchups will be played on Saturday with the remainder to be played on Sunday. Specific dates and start times for the designated Week 15 matchups will be determined and announced at a later date during the season.
In Week 18, two games will be played on Saturday (4:30 PM ET and 8:15 PM ET) with the remainder to be played on Sunday afternoon (1:00 PM ET and 4:25 PM ET) and one matchup to be played on Sunday night (8:20 PM ET). Specific dates, start times, and networks for Week 18 matchups will be determined and announced following the conclusion of Week 17.
For Week 18, two Saturday games and the Sunday night game will be announced no later than six days prior to January 9. The schedule does not list Saturday games or a Sunday night game in Week 18, but games with playoff implications will be moved to those time slots. Flexible scheduling ensures quality matchups in all Sunday time slots in those weeks and gives “surprise” teams a chance to play their way into primetime.
Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday or Monday nights.
NFL ENHANCED SEASON STRUCTURE
Under the scheduling formula below, every team plays 17 regular-season games with one bye week. Clubs will host 10 games overall – either nine regular-season games and one preseason game or eight regular-season games and two preseason games.
- Home and away against its three division opponents (six games).
- The four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle (four games).
- The four teams from a division in the other conference on a rotating four-year cycle (four games).
- Two intraconference games based on the prior year’s standings (two games). These games match a first-place team against the first-place teams in the two same-conference divisions the team is not scheduled to play that season. The second-place, third-place and fourth-place teams in a conference are matched in the same way each year.
- One interconference game based on the prior year’s standings on a rotating four-year cycle (one game). These games match a first-place team from one division against a first-place team in an opposite conference division that the team is not scheduled to play that season. The second-place, third-place and fourth-place teams in each division are matched in the same way each year. The home conference for this game will rotate each season.