2019 IIHF World Junior Championship Recap Jan 4 2019
United States 2, Russia 1 – Rogers Arena, Vancouver
- Oliver Wahlstrom and Sasha Chmelevski scored goals and Cayden Primeau made 34 saves for the Americans, who advanced to the gold medal game for the sixth time, and second in three years.
- Grigori Denisenko netted the lone goal for the Russians, who outshot the U.S. 35-27.
Finland 6, Switzerland 1 – Rogers Arena, Vancouver
- Aarne Talvitie scored two of the four goals in the first eight minutes, and Aleksi Heponiemi added a goal and three assists for the Finns, who will play for gold for the third time in six years.
- Philipp Kurashev, with his tournament-leading sixth goal, counted for the Swiss.
Kazakhstan 4, Denmark 0 – Rogers Arena, Vancouver
- Artur Gatiyatov had two goals and an assist to help Kazakhstan sweep the best-of-three relegation series and secure its spot in the Top Division of the IIHF World Junior Championship for 2020.
- Demid Yeremeyev turned aside 25 shots to record the shutout, just the second ever for Kazakhstan in the Top Division.