University of Windsor Sending 18 Athletes to National Championships in Ottawa
The University of Windsor Athletics Club is sending 18 athletes to compete in 22 events at the National Championships in Ottawa starting July 5th, for four days. There are six athletes competing in the U20 division, the other 12 in the Senior division. The top seeds include Noelle Montcalm, ranked 2nd in the 400mH, Corey Bellemore 3rd in the 1500m, and Emily Omahen 3rd in the long jump, all in the senior division.
There are another five athletes ranked in the top six going into the weekend. These include Mandy Brunet (U20 TJ-4th), Bailey Dell (Sr JT-6th), Milos Savic (Sr PV-5th), Spencer Vanderlaan (U20 SP-4th), & Rachael Wolfs ( Sr PV-4th).
This meet is being used for team selection to the NACAC Championships being hosted in Toronto in August. Winners in each event are automatically selected.
Athletes Event(s) Ranking
- Akot Aken U20 TJ 9th
- Stephanie Aldea Senior 1500m 11th
- Corey Bellemore Senior 1500m 3rd
- Ross Benn Senior PV 11th
- Mandy Brunet U20 TJ, JT 4th, 9th
- Baily Dell Senior JT 6th
- Nick Falk Senior 1500m 12th
- Kimora Harris U20 100m, 200m 20th, 28th
- Taryn Lamorie U20 LJ 9th
- Noelle Montcalm Senior 400H 2nd
- Emily Omahen Senior LJ 3rd
- Brett Page Senior PV 15th
- Mitch Paterson Senior 400m, 800m 24th, 32nd
- Milos Savic Senior PV 5th
- Stef Smith Senior 1500m, 5000m 17th, 12th
- Kaitlyn Stewart U20 TJ 17th
- Spencer Vanderlaan U20 SP 4th
- Rachael Wolfs Senior PV 4th