BLACKHAWKS and CHICAGO HOST 2017 NHL DRAFT.
The NHL announced the selection of the Blackhawks, United Center and city of Chicago as hosts of the 2017 NHL Draft. The event will be held over two days: June 23-24, 2017. The 2017 event will mark the first time the Blackhawks and city of Chicago host the NHL Draft.
MILESTONES & MUSINGS
- Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin (3-0—3) scored his 507th, 508th and 509th career goals to move past Jean Beliveau (507) and into sole possession of 39th place in NHL history.
- Flames forward Jiri Hudler (0-1—1) recorded his 400th NHL point (152-248—400 in 650 GP).
- Flyers forward Nick Cousins (1-1—2), a third-round selection (68th overall) in the 2011 NHL Draft, scored his first career goal (19 GP).
- Stars forward Patrick Sharp played in his 800th NHL game. ICYMI: The Blackhawks honored both Sharp and Stars defenseman Johnny Oduya in their returns to United Center.
- Sabres forward Justin Bailey (Buffalo, N.Y.), a second-round selection (52nd overall) in the 2013 NHL Draft, made his League debut. He became the fourth Buffalo-born player to appear in a regular-season game with the Sabres, joining Patrick Kaleta, Tim Kennedy and Scott Thomas.
Home Team in Caps
NY ISLANDERS 5, Los Angeles 2
PHILADELPHIA 5, Buffalo 1
COLUMBUS 4, Anaheim 3 (SO)
Colorado 4, OTTAWA 3
Washington 4, MINNESOTA 3
Boston 6, WINNIPEG 2
Dallas 4, CHICAGO 2
EDMONTON 5, Toronto 2
Calgary 6, SAN JOSE 5 (SO)
SNEAK PEEK AT FRIDAY’S ACTION
All Times Eastern
Montreal @ Buffalo, 7:00 p.m.
Los Angeles @ NY Rangers, 7:00 p.m.
Pittsburgh @ Carolina, 7:00 p.m.
Colorado @ Detroit Red Wings, 7:30 p.m.
Nashville @ Tampa Bay, 7:30 p.m.
St. Louis @ Florida, 7:30 p.m.
Calgary @ Arizona, 9:00 p.m.