Ottawa Senators at Toronto Maple Leafs February 1 2020 Gallery
OTTAWA SENATORS (18-24-10 – 46 Points) vs. TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS (28-17-7 – 63 Points)
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2020
ON THE SCORE SHEET
- Jason Spezza put the Maple Leafs on the board with a power play goal at 10:40 of the second period. Spezza has a pair of goals over his last three games. He has five points (3 goals, 2 assists) in 10 career games against the Senators. He ranks second all-time in Ottawa franchise history for goals (251), assists (436) and points (687).
- Mitch Marner scored Toronto’s overtime-winning goal at 3:54 of the extra frame. Marner has points (1-4-5) in four consecutive games. He has 30 points (4 goals, 26 assists) in 24 games on home ice this season. In 13 career games against the Senators, Marner has registered 15 points (5 goals, 10 assists).
- Rasmus Sandin registered the primary assist on Spezza’s second period goal. Sandin has three points (1-2-3) over his last three games. In 12 games this season, he has recorded seven points (1 goal, 6 assists). He has three assists in five games against Atlantic Division teams.
- Zach Hyman collected the secondary assist on Spezza’s second period goal. Hyman has points (2-2-4) in three consecutive games. In 14 games on home ice this season, he has recorded 12 points (5-7-12). He has eight points (3 goals, 5 assists) in eight games against Atlantic Division teams.
- William Nylander recorded the primary assist on Marner’s overtime goal. Nylander has points (5-4-9) in seven consecutive games. The Maple Leafs are 20-6-6 when he records a point this season. He has 13 points (3 goals, 10 assists) in 15 career games against Ottawa.
- Auston Matthews picked up the secondary assist on Marner’s overtime goal. Matthews has assists (2) in two consecutive games and points (2-2-4) in three consecutive games. He has 40 points (27 goals, 13 assists) in 26 games on home ice this season.
- Michael Hutchinson stopped 24 shots to earn the victory.
Photos by Luke Durda – In Play! magazine